At the end of last year, Qualcomm officially launched Snapdragon 765, SD765G and Snapdragon 865 chipset. Of this, while the Snapdragon 865 was introduced as a high-end flagship-grade chipset, the SD765 and SD765G were introduced in the mid-range segment. All three chipsets were introduced with 5G connectivity support. The discussion had also started in the market that now 4G chipsets will be seen very rarely.
But today Qualcomm has made it clear with the launch of its latest new chipset that 4G gen-network will get the same priority as 5G. In this sequence, the company has today launched 3 mid-range chipsets Snapdragon 720G, 662 and 460. So let’s look at the features of these three:
Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G: Features
- If you look at the name of the chipset, it appears to be making its way between the SD710 and SD730G. In addition to being mid-range, here G will be interpreted as the best performance in gaming. This chipset is based on 8nm architecture.
- The Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G is a gaming-centric chipset with 75% performance improvement due to the Adreno 618 GPU.
- There is also support for 4K video recording and up to 192MP image capture with HDR screen support.
- Along with this, it has also used Snapdragon x15 modem with 4G connectivity support of 4 × 4 MIMO which was also seen in SD730.
- Keeping in mind Wi-Fi, the company has also given support to WiFi 6 in the Snapdragon 720G chipset.
- This chipset comes with support for Qualcomm aptX HD for 24-bit wireless audio output.
- The SD720G Quick Charge 4.0 is offered with fast charging support and USB PD support.
Snapdragon 720G vs Snapdragon 730G: specification
|Mobile platform||Snapdragon 720G||Snapdragon 730G|
|Corner||2.3GHz Kryo 465 (Cortex- A76 based) x 21.8GHz Kryo 465 (Cortex-A55 based) x 6||2.2GHz Kryo 470 (Cortex- A76 based) x 21.8GHz Kryo 470 (Cortex-A55 based) x 6|
|Process||8nm LPP||8nm LPP|
|GPU||Adreno 618||Adreno 618|
|Display support||Quad HD +, HDR10, 3360 × 1440|
|Modem||Snapdragon X15 LTE Download Speed: Up to 800Mbps Upload: Up to 150Mbps||Snapdragon X15 LTE Download speed: Up to 800MbpsUpload: Up to 150Mbps|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi 6 Ready, Bluetooth 5.0Dual SIM Dual VoLTE||Wi-Fi 6 Ready, Bluetooth 5.0Dual SIM Dual VoLTE|
|DSP||Hexagon 6905th gen AI||Hexagon 688|
|Camera / ISP||Spectra 350L ISP Single Camera: 192MP4K video recording support||Spectra 350 ISPSingle-camera: 192MP4K video capture|
|Encode / decode||2160p30, 1080p120H.264 & H.265||2160p30, 1080p120H.264 & H.265|
|Quick charge||Quick Charge 4+|
Snapdragon 460 chipset features
The SD460 chipset is also an octa-core chipset, giving you 4x Cortex-A53 email@example.com GHz and 4x Cortex-A73@1.6GHz cores. According to Qualcomm, this new Snapdragon 460 chipset is capable of giving 70% better performance than its previous partner SD450 chipset. This new chipset is based on the 11nm process which proves to be a better power efficiency than the SD450.
As mentioned earlier, the SD460 chipset is the first 400-series chipset introduced with WiFi-6 support. Apart from this, the Adreno 600-Series GPU (Adreno 610) is supported here due to which it performs with a 60% extra performance boost compared to its previous variant. Talking about the camera, this chipset supports 25MP single sensor or 16MP dual sensor. In addition, Quick Charge 3.0 has also been supported in SD460.
Snapdragon 662 features
It is clear from the name that Snapdragon 662 chipset clearly makes room between SD660 and SD 665 chipset right now. In this, you are also given 4x Cortex A73 core @ 2 GHz and 4x Cortex A53 core @ 1.8 GHz clock speed. The chipset has the support of Adreno 610 GPU, which is also seen in SD460. This chipset for the camera has also given you the support of a triple camera setup with a 48MP single sensor.
Talking about connectivity, in SD662 you will also get to see very good Bluetooth wireless audio output with Bluetooth 5.1 and aptX HD support. The chipset also has support for FastConnect 6100 and Wi-Fi 6. Talking about charging, Quick Charge 3.0 has got support in it.
I hope you like this article if you like this then please turn on the notification so that whenever I post a new article you will get notified.
Till then Bye, see you in the next one.